BUSINESS SERVICESLeadership, Solutions, Partnerships!
FREE Business Hotline
We’ve partnered with the California Employer’s Association to provide a FREE HR Hotline to answer your business questions about hiring, paid leave, COVID-19 issues and much more! If you have HR questions, our Free HR Hotline has answers. Watch this video to learn more about the HR Hotline.
Incentivized Training Programs
Customized/Incumbent Worker Training allows companies to grow by providing a business subsidy for training and retaining incumbent workforce. We will work with you to develop industry specific training for your workers. Contact Javier Contreras at (510) 259-3831 to get started.
Alameda County Employer Guide
Other Business Services
Hiring and Recruitment Assistance
- If you need direct recruitment assistance for your open positions, please contact Samantha Miller at (510) 259-3832. We can also assist you in diversifying your business, by connecting you to targeted populations, such as job seekers with disabilities. Learn more about this untapped talent pool to find reliable yet under-utilized talent.
Downsizing and Layoffs
- Layoffs and closures – We are here to help employers navigate the process of downsizing and/or closing. Learn about the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) to meet regulatory requirements for downsizing in California.
- Once receiving a WARN from your company, our Rapid Response Coordinator will meet with you and your affected workers, to help transition everyone to the next step. For more information, please contact Javier Contreras at (510) 259-3831.
- The Alameda County Biomedical Industry Summit – which brought together industry, economic development, education and workforce partners –was held on September 23, 2021. Dr. Gregory Theyel of the Biomedical Manufacturing Network presented the results of the Biomedical Industry Study and attendees discussed partnership opportunities for talent development in the biomedical industry. Watch the Biomedical Industry Summit presentation.
- Complementary to the Biomedical Industry Summit is this just-released Alameda County Biomedical Industry Study, which provides research findings on biomedical industry activity in Alameda County as well as workforce trends and needs within industry sectors.
- October is Manufacturing Month! We partnered up with the California Employers Association to learn about Recruiting in a Pandemic World, which was a webinar held on October 14, 2021 at 10:00am. If you missed it, you can catch the replay here and use the passcode WB?F4vfP to access the webinar.
Industry peers collaborate to problem-solve unique issues within their industries. Find a community of your peers at one of the sector partnerships below:
Employer Success Stories
Serving employers and helping to connect them to the right resources so that they’re successful in meeting their workforce needs is of the utmost importance to us. Learn how we have assisted business from these employer success stories!