WIOA Youth and Young Adult Programs
Youth and young adults seeking employment, internships, and/or reconnection to school and employment can find assistance in WIOA Youth/Young Adults Programs. WIOA Youth and Young Adult Programs provide the following service elements to help youth and young adults make strides in school and on the job, while preparing for a successful career path:
- Tutoring, study skills, instruction, school support, and academic recovery services to help young adults earn their GED if needed
- Transitional support to bridge to post-secondary education and training
- Comprehensive guidance, including mentoring, and drug and alcohol abuse counseling gang diversion, or referrals to other counseling services
- Labor market and employment information about in-demand industry sectors and occupations available in Alameda County, including career awareness, counseling and exploration.
- Skills training, leading to occupational certificates and credentials
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, such as summer employment, internships, pre-apprenticeships, and on-the-job training, that are linked to in-demand occupations
- Leadership development opportunities, including community service linkages
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training;
- Supportive services to help youth and young adults succeed
- Follow-up services for at least 12 months after completing the program
The Future Force Career Program helps youth and young adults between 16-24 connect to education, work experience, and employment. Learn more about the Future Force Career Program.
The Youth Innovation Program is a career exposure program designed for youth and young adults between the ages of 16-21 who are in high school or college. Learn more about the Youth Innovation Program.
Youth Success StoriesHelping youth and young adults succeed in the workforce through mentorship, educational attainment, and other work-based learning opportunities, is of utmost importance to us!
Read youth success stories to learn how our youth services providers help youth and young adults achieve their educational and employment goals.