Helping Employers Succeed
COVID-19 Update to Alameda County Businesses and Employers
FREE Business Hotline and Employer Webinar Series
We’ve partnered with the California Employer’s Association (CEA) to provide a FREE HR Hotline to answer your business questions about hiring, paid leave, COVID-19 issues and much more! If you have HR questions, our Free HR Hotline has answers. See the Business HR Hotline flyer for contact information and get your questions answered anytime!
Also, tune-in to our FREE webinar series to keep up-date with COVID-19 related HR changes:
- Hiring Right the First Time to learn about new HR laws and tips for identifying talent to meet your business needs. Use access passcode: wzD?1V06 to replay the CEA webinar.
- Women’s History Month to learn about pay equity, pregnancy leave laws, and more. Use access passcode: mnC?R?06 to replay the CEA webinar.
- Getting Your Employees Back to Work to learn about vaccines, business re-opening protocols, wage and hour laws and more. Use access passcode: 8.Qk*gxY to replay the CEA webinar.
Business Services Unit Staff
Pictured from left to right (Carmelo San Mames, Samantha Miller, Javier Contreras)
Get a quick preview of our business services provided by BSU (Business Services Unit), offered to you at no cost and other business services in the Alameda County Employer Guide. Learn more about business incentives, hiring assistance, and downsizing below.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) provides companies with subsidies for hiring and retaining local area job seekers. Contact Javier Contreras at (510) 259-3831 to get started.
- Customized/Incumbent Worker Training allows companies to continue to grow by providing businesses a subsidy for training and retaining incumbent workers. We will collaborate with you to help develop your industry-specific training for your workers. Contact Samantha Miller at (510) 259-3832 to get started.
Hiring and Recruitment Assistance
- If you need direct recruitment assistance for your open positions, please contact Samantha Miller at (510) 259-3832.
- Diverse talent - We can assist you in diversifying your business, by connecting you to targeted populations, such as job seekers with disabilities. Learn more about this untapped talent pool to find reliable yet under-utilized talent.
Down-sizing and Layoffs
- Layoffs and closures - We are here to help employers navigate the process of downsizing and/or closing. Learn about the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) to meet regulatory requirements for downsizing in California.
- Once receiving a WARN from your company, our Rapid Response Coordinator will meet with you and your affected workers, to help transition everyone to the next step. For more information, please contact Javier Contrerasat (510) 259-3831.
Sector partnerships allow industry peers to come together to problem-solve the unique issues within their industries. Find a community of your peers at one of the sector partnerships below:
- Advanced Manufacturing Bay Area Partnership
- East Bay Transportation and Logistics Partnership
- East Bay Health Workforce Partnership
- East Bay ICT Partnership
- Bio-medical Manufacturing Network
· Additional business COVID-19 resources.