FREE Business HotlineWe’ve partnered with the California Employer’s Association to provide a FREE HR Hotline to answer your business questions about hiring, paid leave, COVID-19 issues and much more! If you have HR questions, our Free HR Hotline has answers. Watch this video to learn more about the HR Hotline.
Tax IncentivesEmployers, did you know that you can earn up to $30,000 in tax credits this year for giving someone a chance at employment?
People experiencing homelessness are sometimes housed within temporary shelters, living in temporary housing situations with relatives, in cars or trailers, and some are unhoused.
Many have interest in work and have skills to offer.
Learn more about California’s Homeless Hiring Tax Credit.
Free Employer Webinar Series
- What Employers Need to Stay Relevant
- 2022 Labor Law update
- Recruiting in a Pandemic World was held on October 14, 2021 at 10:00am. If you missed it, no problem. You can catch the replay here and use the passcode WB?F4vfP to access the webinar.
- Hiring Right the First Time to learn about new HR laws and tips for identifying talent to meet your business needs. Use access passcode: wzD?1V06 to replay the CEA webinar.
- Women’s History Month to learn about pay equity, pregnancy leave laws, and more. Use access passcode: mnC?R?06 to replay the CEA webinar.
- Getting Your Employees Back to Work to learn about vaccines, business re-opening protocols, wage and hour laws and more. Use access passcode: 8.Qk*gxY to replay the CEA webinar.
- Labor Law Update 2021 presentation to learn about California Family Rights Act (CFRA) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) updates, salary and exempt laws, workers’ compensation, and new COVID-19 reporting requirements. Use this access passcode k*rGV#b5.
Incentivized Training ProgramsOn-the-Job Training (OJT) provides companies with subsidies for hiring and retaining local area job seekers. Contact Javier Contreras at (510) 259-3831 to get started.
Customized/Incumbent Worker Training allows companies to grow by providing a business subsidy for training and retaining incumbent workforce. We will work with you to develop industry specific training for your workers. Contact Samantha Miller at (510) 259-3832 to get started.
Hiring and Recruitment Assistance
- If you need direct recruitment assistance for your open positions, please contact Samantha Miller at (510) 259-3832. We can also assist you in diversifying your business, by connecting you to targeted populations, such as job seekers with disabilities. Learn more about this untapped talent pool to find reliable yet under-utilized talent.
- Layoffs and closures - We are here to help employers navigate the process of downsizing and/or closing. Learn about the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) to meet regulatory requirements for downsizing in California.
- Once receiving a WARN from your company, our Rapid Response Coordinator will meet with you and your affected workers, to help transition everyone to the next step. For more information, please contact Javier Contrerasat (510) 259-3831.
The Alameda County Biomedical Industry Summit – which brought together industry, economic development, education and workforce partners –was held on September 23, 2021. Dr. Gregory Theyel of the Biomedical Manufacturing Network presented the results of the Biomedical Industry Study and attendees discussed partnership opportunities for talent development in the biomedical industry. Watch the Biomedical Industry Summit presentation.
- Complementary to the Biomedical Industy Summit is this just-released Alameda County Biomedical Industry Study, which provides research findings on biomedical industry activity in Alameda County as well as workforce trends and needs within industry sectors.
- October is Manufacturing Month! We partnered up with the California Employers Association to learn about Recruiting in a Pandemic World, which was a webinar held on October 14, 2021 at 10:00am. If you missed it, you can catch the replay here and use the passcode WB?F4vfP to access the webinar.
Industry peers collaborate to problem-solve unique issues within their industries. Find a community of your peers at one of the sector partnerships below: